Thursday, August 31, 2006

Reason to learn English - Been alone

I am now in trainning to teach English, with a system that I don't belive it works but, anyway, I found out that many of the teachers do not follow the method because it doesn't work. In this short period I found out that the principal can not have kids, that she is a mayor bitch that makes teachers cry ( if she tries that with me she will be the one crying ), that many of the teachers are harrased by students, that a boy came looking for a teacher that he said was dating his girlfriend and he was there to kick the teacher's ass, and that is better to bring your own markers because they will not give u one unless you get along with the principal aka the fat bitch or the cordinator ( that has the strongest accent that I have ever heard ). So is harmony is all around. The teacher that I will be helping this next weeks ( as part of the trainning ) has tatoos in the fingers, different shapes, a moon, a square and some other shapes, one per finger, he is bold, and he had destroyed lifes and now he likes teaching because, he feels fulfilled when students tell him that he is a good teacher, well, in nicer words, God keeps sending wierd, strange, interesting people for me to meet, which is great, I was suppose to be with another teacher that had a puke face when he was told by mistake that I was going to be helping him... fortunately it was a mistake. Joe ( the guy I will be helping ) also let me know that many people came to learn English, not just to learn but to look for company and since the school method is very humanistic ( I am sick of this word ) students tend to get the wrong idea and they start harrasing teachers ( can u belive that ) specially teenage girls, although, I have seen teachers making macho comments about girls. So for sure the number one lesson to be at an English school seems to be not to be alone, some others, I am here because my parents do not like my boyfriend and they wanted me to do something in the afternoon no to be with him, and it worked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home