Tuesday, September 19, 2006

THE MAP GANG

So.. this Monday I started a new course at the MAP ( Popular Arts Museum ) it is called cutting paper and it is given by Jorge Rosano, the guy whom I take my photos to frame, I have always like his work and when I saw it displayed at the museum I purchased one of his pieces before they get to expensive for me, anyway, this courses are meant for people who makes handcrafts, I don´t, and I don´t know If they will charge me for the course yet. Mr. Rosano was very happy to see me there and keeps repeating this to me at least 3 times a day, which makes me feel shy, I am not use to the attention, and he seems to mean what he says.
One of the guys that takes the course with me, makes this boxes with little luchadores or teiboleras inside, similar to the ones that I had animated and that are showing in my web page, he has some monochromatic ones that are amazing, there are three guys ( two girls and a guy ) that make jewerly, one of the girls was wearring a pair of earings made of chaquira, it was suppose to be a bat, it look like a pixelated figure and that gave me an idea.. I will tell u when I have something done... the guy seems to be her boyfriend and the other I guess is just a wannabe, ( maybe I am wrong, but she will bring her work tomorrow, then I will be sure ), another guy makes thinks out of cardboard like skulls and diablitos, there is always a Mrs., this one makes repujado, pretty chesse, well I don´t like repujado. And the last one is the most interesting a 45 year old woman who decided at the age of 15 that she will not be needing her primary, high school or any other type of certificate and she just destroyed the documents, she works with cardboard in a big scale and she also paints, I will get to see her work tomorrow, she says that everything has an owner, meaning that everything she does or paints have to find its owner, and then she will sell it and let it go like fathers let go of a child. The piece will find its own space. It is cool to hear this people talk, I will take pictures and introduce them to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home